Most of the time, when people want to have fun, liquor has to be there. Although it is a great party starter, nobody wants to have the feeling to last an entire day or even more. Alcohol tends to last for at least 2 hours after consumption. Your body can process 0.5 ounces of alcohol per hour, but this differs from an individual to the next. For some, you can still get some traces of alcohol in their system after 24 hours and thus experience a hangover like never before.
In addition, if it surpasses this, then maybe you will require some bit of help. Being drunk comes with severe side effects; slurred speech, impaired judgment, drowsiness, and severe cases can cause physical injuries. The amount of alcohol intake will also affect its longevity in your body. A small quantity of alcohol will be dealt with faster than high doses. The body will process the small amount fast, but if you have overindulged, you will have to experience an intense hangover.
Factors Impacting how long being drunk lasts
One question that we would like to answer is how long does being drunk last? These include:
- The type of alcohol you drink: Different types of alcohol have different levels of alcohol content and thus affect you differently.
- What you ate before and after alcohol intake.: If you had a meal before the drinks, then the food will help boost your metabolism.
- Drinks took alongside the alcohol.: If you do not want to be wasted, you should take lots of water. The most advisable thing to do is to take twice the amount of water.
- How the alcohol was drunk: Alcohol drunk using a straw goes straight to your brain. If you take your alcohol in a rush, then your liver will not have enough time to process the alcohol, and thus you will get intoxicated for a more extended period.
- Body Weight: Your body weight profoundly impacts alcohol intoxication. The heavier you are, the more liquor you will require to be intoxicated, which is different for the lightweights who will need very little alcohol.
- Gender: The gender card will come into play since men will require a lot more alcohol than women to be intoxicated. Men also process alcohol much faster; hence, alcohol takes less time in their bodies.
This simple calculation will help you out if you are interested in knowing how long alcohol will last in your system.
The liver processes 0.02% of alcohol per hour. Multiply the number of drinks you have taken by 0.001 then reduce the 0.02 from it for each hour that has passed while drinking. Take the answer and multiply 0.02. Lastly, subtract the outcome from the first answer.
Call Hangover Hospital Today
Excessive alcohol consumption can be detrimental to your health, not forgetting the hangover. But don’t let it worry you so much we at Hangover Hospital are here to get you sorted and to keep the party going or get you to work. Try us today and get the best service from the most qualified personnel.
CALL NOW: 305.912.4911