``` ```

How long does it take Alcohol to kick in?

By October 12, 2020Drinking Facts

Alcohol is one of the most common drugs that people turn to when looking to have a good time. Once ingested, a little percentage of it is absorbed in the stomach while the rest is absorbed in the small intestine. On average, it takes about five to 10 minutes for a person to feel the effects.

After around half an hour, the alcohol is transported to all the body parts, and the effects kick in fully. Usually, when the high settles down, a nasty hangover takes effect. Hangover Hospital has taken the initiative to help clients cure the hangovers.

The hospital has come up with contingency plans to help clients, depending on their hangovers’ severity. The cures have proved to be quite useful, judging from the client’s responses and reviews. However, before the hangover, the high brought about by the alcohol lasts several hours. The duration of the effects of alcohol may last longer or shorter, depending on several factors, including:

  • If you have eaten
  • What kind of alcohol you are drinking
  • If you are a man or woman

Empty or Full Stomach

Hangover Pizza Cure | Hangover Hospital Key WestAfter taking a sip, the alcohol lands in your stomach, and therefore, the state your stomach is in plays a huge role.

Ordinarily, about 20% of the drink is absorbed into your bloodstream in the stomach. After that, the other 80% is reabsorbed in the small intestines.

Therefore, if you have not eaten, the absorption in the gut will be very high. However, with a full stomach, the absorption will be slowed down, and thus the alcohol effects will take longer to kick in.

Type of Drink

There exist numerous brands and types of drinks that contain alcohol. All of the brands have a difference in alcohol concentration and percentage. Drinks with a lower percentage, for example, 20%, tend to kick in faster, but their effects do not last very long.

However, stronger drinks such as distilled spirits or vodka may take a while to kick in, but their effects last quite long. Hence, depending on your mood and how long you want to party, the choice of drink is quite essential.

Your Gender

What Is Alcoholism & How Does It Happen? - Hangover Hospital Key West | Hangover Hospital Key WestIt has been scientifically proven that a person’s biological sex plays a significant role in how long a person can stay drunk.

According to statistics, females usually have less water in their system; hence, alcohol saturation might be slightly higher. Also, since a female’s liver takes longer to break down alcohol, their effects might last longer.

Contact Hangover Hospital

In conclusion, many factors affect how long alcohol takes before it kicks in. The period one can remain drunken is also highly dependent on the same factors. The good news is that even if you exceed your limits while at a party or on vacation, Hangover Hospital is always ready to help you bounce back to your normal self in less than 45 minutes.

With the improved IV technology that the professionals use to treat the hangover, you will have no problem attending another party or making other plans. Contact our Hangover KW specialists today to help you in getting rid of your hangover within no time. 

Call Today! (305) 912-4911