The morning hours after a huge night of taking alcohol can be terrible. If you suffer a hangover and related stomach ache from drinking excessively, managing the stomach problem might be your top priority.
At the Hangover Hospital in Key West, Florida, we offer an excellent 45-minute IV hangover relief. Get in touch with us for instant relief to your hangover symptoms. In this article, we take a look at how to cure an upset stomach hangover.
What Causes the Stomach Upset?
When you over-burden your body with alcohol, it functions as a diuretic and dehydrates your body. Contingent upon the sort of liquor you drink, your body may also have several impurities to handle.
Sweet drinks, including malt liquors, have raised impurity levels. Such impurities frequently bring an unpleasant stomach ache because your body rejects the foreign substances.
Drinking alcoholic beverages makes your stomach work overtime releasing stomach acids, which can cause stomach upset. Additionally, the presence of alcohol in the body leads to a slower digestion rate in the stomach. Raised stomach acids and the slower pace of digestion usually contribute to nausea and vomiting symptoms.
One of your priorities after waking up the following morning with hangover symptoms should be rehydrating your body. When the body is dehydrated, it feels each ache and pain, and lacks the capacity to withstand such distresses. Once you rehydrate, many of the horrendous side effects will start to reduce.
Foods and beverages that are efficient for alleviating dehydration include:
- Flat soda
- Isotonic beverages
- Coconut water
Taking an Antacid
If alcohol consumption has upset your stomach lining, you can take an over-the-counter antacid to reduce the discomfort. You may also take the antacid with some warm ginger tea. That’s because ginger possesses properties that mitigate nausea.
The Right Nourishment Can Help
You probably won’t want to eat food straight away when you have a hangover. However, some foods can help to alleviate the upset stomach hangover. Such foods include:
- Burnt Toast: Charred toast contains carbon, which may prompt a quicker recuperation. Carbon is an excellent solution for alcoholic poisoning. When you take burnt toast, its carbon content absorbs the impurities present in your body, which can enable you to recoup
- High-Fat Foods: Pick fat-laden foods for your breakfast meal. The fat in the food will remain in your stomach for as long as 12 hours, which can relieve hangover effects. Fatty foods, like cheese and oils, will cover the stomach and minimize the distress
- Bland Foods: Taking bland foods like plain toast, rice, crackers, and dry cereal may enable your stomach to feel more grounded. That should allow you to eat food normally again more rapidly
- Fructose: Consume foods with fructose sweeteners as they can speed alcohol metabolism in your body
- Eggs: They are high in amino acid cysteine, which is a protein building block that breaks down the leftover acetaldehyde. When your body expels this poison, you ought to feel better
Try to Sleep It Off
At times, sleep may be the best medicine for your stomach misfortunes. If an upset stomach hangover is so terrible that you can’t ease it by rehydrating and eating, go to bed and get more hours of rest.
It might appear irrational, but compelling yourself to stay active can help to improve your hangover state. Wash up and take an energetic stroll in the fresh outdoor air. The action will enhance your circulation and drive out poisons from your system quicker. Moreover, improved circulation helps to pump oxygenated blood to the brain, making you feel healthier.
For more information on how to cure an upset stomach hangover, call the Hangover Hospital today at (305) 912-4911